- Grapes are a kind of berry. They have a leathery covering and a fleshy inside, similar to blueberries.
- There are more than 8,000 grape varieties from about 60 species. The main types are American and European.
- One cup of grapes, with about 100 calories, provides more than a quarter of the daily recommended values of vitamins K and C. Grape seeds, which are edible, are chock-full of antioxidants.
- It takes about 2.5 pounds of grapes to make one bottle of wine.
- Raisins are dried, sweet grapes. The drying happens naturally when the grapes are left in sunlight.